Tuesday 21 August 2007

Water Babies

Today seemed to be all about water. We woke up early and Robin, Maya, and I all headed down to the pool. The resort doesn't have a children's pool which made me a little apprehensive since Maya is still in the process of learning how to swim. She totally showed me who was boss, though, when she swam like a pro (with a little help from some hot pink floaties on her arms). By the time we left she was jumping in with no help and even swimming out to the deep end with no one holding her. I was so proud of my little fish!

After our watery morning, we headed out to La Jolla (pronounced la hoya) for a little California sea lion watching from the special sea lion watching pier. Maya thought they were cute, but she thought the waves breaking on the rocks were much more interesting. She and I had a great time just watching the waves crash against the coastline, trying to guess if the next one would be big enough to get us with sea spray. Once we had had our fill of the beautiful La Jolla coast, we hopped on down to Coronado for a great dinner at the Hotel del Coronado, made a quick trip to see the Mexican-American border crossing, and then finished up the day with another swim! I'm waterlogged!

No comments: