Friday 24 August 2007

Halftime

Maya and I have reached the half-way point of our trip. First on the agenda, after a swim in the pool, was the Birch Aquarium, which is part of the Scripps Oceanographic Institute. While it was small, it had some really nice exhibits and Maya had a great time looking at all the jellyfish (her favorite marine creature thanks to Spongebob Squarepants).

After the aquarium, we headed down to Belmont Park in the Mission District. Belmont Park was an old time seashore carnival area. They had an old wooden roller coaster, carnival rides like the tilt-a-whirl, and a few kids rides. Maya's favorite ride was the antique carousel. Once we all had wobbly legs from riding the rides and walking around the beach front, we had dinner in the Gaslamp District of San Diego. Since Robin speaks fluent Spanish, and we were eating at a latin restaurant, I thought I would embarrass myself by speaking Spanish, with an emphasis on embarrass. Despite subjecting everyone to my horrible foreign language skills, a good time was had by all and I think Maya may have actually learned some Spanish (though, not from me)!

No comments: