Saturday 18 August 2007

Up, Up, and Away

We made it to California! Getting in last night was a little rough. After a long night on Thursday thanks to a summer storm that gave both Maya and our dog Indiana the willies, coupled with a long day yesterday, we were pretty exhausted when we got in. We landed in San Diego at 8 pm, which is really 11 for us with the time difference. I think we got to bed somewhere around 11 (2 am our own time. OUCH!). Maya had a few moments when she decided she was too good to listen to me in the airports, but for the most part she was great. She's old enough now that she can scoot Trixie around on her own and actually play with it more as a toy in itself than just a bag. When we were in the ticketing line, she was pretending that Trixie was a pony (completely with neighing) and that the tow strap was her reins. Too cute!

The plane ride was a lot of fun due to the "surprise" I had hidden in Trixie for the trip. Earlier this week I had gone to the book store looking for something to get with a gift card I had been given. Just for fun I went to the kids section and I found the best book, a Disney Princesses vinyl sticker dress up book. Each page has a different Disney princess on it and there are 8 sheets of reusable vinyl stickers of things like gowns, gloves, crowns, etc. It was GREAT at keeping her entertained on the flight and made the five hours go by fast. I had to be the sticker master since I didn't want her to loose any but over all, she loved it (actually, I did too which is why I bought it). We had a good time putting all kinds of ridiculous things on Raja, Princess Jasmine's tiger.

Today we're off to Legoland. Yay!

No comments: