Tuesday 21 August 2007

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Today we put on our walking shoes and headed out to the world famous San Diego Zoo. Our friend Robin, who is in America on holiday, flew down to San Diego from San Francisco to join us on our trip. After we picked him up, we made our way to the animal kingdom!

Maya squealed with glee at anything remotely looking like a deer. No matter what it was, if it had four legs, horns, and brown hair it's name was Bambi. At one point she actually looked at a giraffe and said, "Mommy, look! Bambi's neck grew and grew and now it's really long!" (I'm shaking my head as we speak at that one). We also got to see quite possibly one of the cutest images in the world: a live video feed of a mother panda caring for it's 17 day old cub from the inside of the panda den. Everyone say "Awwwwww!" We did notice, though, that the zoo is really into pigs. I think they had at least 7 different species from the pig family. I'm guessing that someone there really likes Charlotte's Web. All in all, the zoo was great and one of the best I've ever been to. It was well worth all the walking.

No comments: