Monday 13 August 2007

Oh the Places You'll Go

Hello, and welcome to Once Upon a Trunki! This blog is meant to serve as a place where parents of young children can come to find out what life is really like while traveling with a little one. My name is Miranda. I’m an American living outside of Washington, DC and I’m the mother of a four year old red headed ball of energy named Maya and the wife of seven years to my husband Josh.

Now, I know what you’re thinking: “This is just another fake blog written by someone sitting behind a desk at some nameless marketing firm in some big city.” If I weren’t writing this myself, I would think the same thing, but I promise on my passport that that’s not the case here. Everything you read on this blog is a true account of my life as a parent traveling the world with my family. All of the photography you will see here will be taken by Josh who, as luck has it, is great with a camera. While the people at Trunki did approach me about writing this blog, I am neither paid for writing it nor does Trunki have any input into its contents. This fact was important to all of us because we all feel that the most important message to get across in this venture is not how great the Trunki is (though, to me, it is in fact a great thing) but how great, and how important, traveling with your child is.

Still don’t believe I’m real? Here’s is the truth. Josh and I both work full time outside of the home while Maya goes to day care. I clean my own house, cook my own dinners, mow my own lawn and run my own errands. I love to read books, watch movies, crochet blankets and keep Maya entertained by doing things like putting stickers on my face and wearing tutu’s while pretending to be in a ballet. In our spare time, and with our spare money, we travel to wherever looks like an interesting place to go…which would be everywhere.

At the end of this week I will be traveling cross country to San Diego and Los Angeles, California. We’ve dubbed it the “Maya Trip” because we will be going to so many kid friendly parks and attractions like the San Diego Zoo, Legoland, and, of course, Disneyland. Maya, in true little girl fashion, has already started asking me how many princesses she’s going to meet and whether or not the zoo will have any cute furry animals, namely chinchillas. I will be updating the blog daily with pictures and accounts of the day’s activities. We also have several trips scheduled in the coming months, so be sure to check back here for more tales of our adventures. And they are all tales, mind you, because they all happened “Once Upon a Trunki.” (I just had to do that!)

No comments: