Sunday 26 August 2007

Flying Solo

I'm so very tired at the moment, but who needs sleep when you can post a blog about not getting any sleep?! Our day started at the bright and early hour of 4 a.m. Maya and I both woke up, albeit slowly, and got dressed. At around 4:20 we headed downstairs to the hotel lobby to catch the shuttle to the hotel. Maya was actually quite chipper and it helped to wake me up. We both gave Josh a big hug and Maya told Josh that she was going to be a grown up for me in the airport. With one last wave to Josh as we pulled away, we were suddenly on our way home.

Maya did in fact act like a grown up at the airport and behaved wonderfully the whole time. She waited patiently by my side as I got us checked in and then she did what she could to help get through security. She listened to what I asked of her and was happy and cheerful the whole time. The walk from security to our gate was actually quite long but that was ok because Maya got to ride on Trixie the whole way. She really does love zooming through the airport terminals (she especially likes it when it's me pulling because I walk fast). We made it to our gate and Maya promptly began telling the people across from us all about how she rode on Pirates of the Carribean and how it said "Dead men tell no talessssss!" Once we got on the plane, Maya sat in her seat and happily looked out the window until we took off. After we were in the air, she played with her new Tinkerbell toy for a little bit and then, thankfully, slept the ENTIRE way back home. Josh was so glad to hear that she had been such a big girl for me on our first flight alone together. We're looking forward to having Josh home on Tuesday but for now Maya and I are just laying around the house recovering from our long day.

Thanks to all of you who have followed along on our trip! I do hope you've enjoyed reading my first foray into travel blogging. Be sure to continue checking back because the fun here doesn't end when our trip does. I'm hoping to do weekly updates (or even more often than that) with more information about traveling with your kids in general and maybe even some helpful survival tips for all you parents out there heading off into the world with your little ones.

I'm going to head off for a nap now.

No comments: