Saturday 10 November 2007

'Scuse Me While I Cough

We made it to Chicago, YAY! I'm sick, BOO! One thing I haven't mentioned before is that I have severe allergies and moderate asthma...and yes, I was one of those lame kids with glasses sitting on the bench during gym class because I couldn't run. I have to be careful because when I have an allergy attack I don't get the sniffles, I often get severe complications with my asthma which makes life pretty miserable. Around the time Maya had to go to the hospital I got bronchitis and haven't been able to kick it. I woke up yesterday with a horrible cough and had to go to my allergist for a check up and a breathing treatment. Now, I sound like one of those old people who have been smoking for 50 years with a cough I think they can probably hear from down the street and it's tough to breathe. The good thing is that we're in Chicago, so if I have to laze around it's not a big deal but still it's disappointing. Asthma can be pretty debilitating and I just hope I don't continue to have problems the rest of the winter especially since we've got several big trips lined up.

In other news, Maya once again did excellent on the plane. I think she's also learned that if she asks the flight attendant the second she gets on the plane that she can get into the cockpit. It's so hilarious to see her in there asking a billion questions while sitting in the pilot's seat. What does this do, what beeps, what's this thing, can I press this? At one point the co-pilot let her talk on the intercom long enough to say "Hi, Mom!" for the whole plane to hear. She also once again had everyone in the airport ooh-ing and aah-ing over her Trunki especially parents. Everyone wants to know if it really is a suitcase and where they can get it. The ticketing agent was asking us all kinds of questions and thought it was great. Hopefully it will really start to catch on here in the states and we'll see more of them around!

No comments: