Thursday 22 November 2007

Holiday Euphoria

Maybe it's the approximately five pounds of Thanksgiving dinner I ate tonight, but right now I'm positively euphoric. The drive down yesterday went really well despite a bit of a rocky start (we had our doors open so long packing the car that the battery died and we had to jump it...ooops). Indie barely made a sound the whole time and Maya and I had great fun listening to the music from E.T. and pretending we were flying through the mountains as we drove. Today was, of course, filled with lots of food, family and laughter. Maya looked positively adorable, too. Last year Jeremy and Heather had brought her back the cutest dirndl dress from Germany and she has finally grown into it so she wore it today, complete with pig tail braids. It made my German heart skip go all a flutter. Later on Josh, Jeremy, Heather, Maya and I went to the movies to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium which was just great. It was a sweet movie and I smiled the whole way through it, something I haven't done in a long time.

I don't know. Maybe it's all the medicine I'm on right now but for some reason I just feel like life is good. I have a beautiful daughter, a wonderful husband, a great family, a great life and frankly I couldn't ask for more. Today is a day of thanks for us Americans and right now, I'm thankful for everything I have and everything that is to come. One of the lines in the movie tonight really struck me today and maybe that's what's making me so happy and just looking forward to what the future holds.

"Life is an occasion. Rise to it." Rise to it indeed.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: