Wednesday 7 November 2007

Getting Ready for the Windy City

I am so ready for this trip to Chicago. Things have been hectic, crazy, frustrating, tiring, and several other adjectives that I probably can't post in a public forum. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my family and having a good ol time doing nothing of real value. My sister in law and I talked about going to one of the German Christmas markets that they have every year in various places around Chicago which I'm very excited about as my family is quite proud of our German heritage. I can't wait to see all the good food and trinkets that are surely waiting for me with my name on them.

Josh also found out about an exhibit at the Field Museum called Maps: Finding Our Place in the World. Given that we're pretty much always looking at some kind of map and have actually grown to be quite fond of them as some can be quite beautiful, we are definitely going to head over to that at some point. The exhibit as is turns out is actually part of a citywide event called The Festival of Maps which celebrates some of the greatest discoveries, discoverers, and explorations that the world has offered throughout history. Actually, I was just looking and the famous Adler Plantarium is even doing an exhibit on historical maps of the cosmos throughout time called Mapping the Universe. I wonder if we can go to that?! Oops, my inner nerd is coming out. I should go before I scare anyone.

Anyway, the trip should be a lot of fun so be sure to start checking in because I'll be posting a lot in the coming days!

No comments: