Monday 12 November 2007

All in the Family

Well amidst all the laziness we have actually gotten some things done and had a pretty good time doing them. Saturday we spent the morning just catching up, watching some TV and playing with these little remote controlled helicopters that Josh brought for Jeremy as a late birthday present. That afternoon we all headed out to the German Christmas market in Oak Brook, Illinois. It ended up being a little disappointing as there were very few booths but we still managed to get one of the best bratwursts I've had since going to Germany last year. Heather and I found a nice little booth with lots of beautiful jewelry and ended up getting rings that almost match. We've dubbed them the wonder twin rings, har har.

Yesterday was pretty quiet as well. The boys watched Maya while Heather and I went to the bookstore for some girl time which was very nice. Heather and I are pretty close and really enjoy spending time away just the two of us. We are very similar and us getting away by ourselves is alway a recipe for lots of laughs and even some mischief. While we were out we talked about important issues like whether or not, when ordering an egg nog latte from Starbucks, you should even bother worrying about figuring out how you can get it low fat and how children's book titles like "The Day My Butt Exploded" could possibly be good for your kids to read (disclaimer: I haven't read it so I don't really know). You know, the real hard hitting subject matter.

Last night was suppose to be the big lasagna dinner but, unfortunately, it didn't end up that way. Jen and Steve had come out to visit and I slowly started not feeling good as we all sat around the living room and talked. As it turns out my dizziness and fatigue was because I was having a severe asthma attack. After making it up the stairs, I suddenly got really bad and ended up almost passing out in poor Heather's arms. So, rather than hanging out and eating some good food I ended up being taken to the hospital. I'm not sure how many people know this, but getting multiple albuterol breathing treatments is WAY more fun than hanging out with friends. I was really excited about it :P! Anyway, this means that today is probably going to be filled with lots of nothingness as I continue to try and recover a bit. That's it for now. I'll try to get some pictures up soon!

No comments: