Tuesday 20 November 2007

The Long Road

Well it's Thanksgiving Week here in the states and that can only mean one thing for the Young clan. A fantabulous 12 hour drive to Bowling Green, Kentucky! Thankfully, I'm feeling quite a bit better so the drive shouldn't be too bad but can I still just say "ugh" to 12 hours in a car. And did I mention we are taking our dog, Indie, too? Sweet, 12 hours of mundane landscape AND the smell of dog. Quick, everyone hop in! This is gonna be AWESOME!

The good news is that we always have a great time when we go so it's at least worth the trip. I really do enjoy seeing Josh's family and it will be nice to see Heather and Jeremy in a more coherent state of being. We will be in Bowling Green until Saturday and then we will start the drive back, making a pit stop in my home town of Oak Ridge, Tennessee to see my family. That usually works out well because it breaks up the drive. We drive 5 hours from Bowling Green to Oak Ridge and then about 8 hours the next day from Oak Ridge back home. We'll go straight to Bowling Green on the way down only because we just want to get there as quickly as possible. Though, I'm not sure 12 hours can actually be counted as quick.

So far, I haven't even packed for me or Maya yet so I need to get cracking on that. We have the important things though...books on tape, DVDs, snacks, drinks, and, oh yes, directions to all the Sonic Restaurants along our route. Mmmmm, Sonic.

No comments: