Sunday 9 November 2008

We're back!

Whew, Disney does take it out of you which is why I didnt post after that first day. Every day after that we were up early and back late and I just didnt have posting in me. So where did I leave off? Ahh yes, dork paradise!

There's few things in this world that make me literally squeal with girlish glee. One of them is Hostess Sno-Balls. Another is anything with star in the title. Ever since I saw haley's comet growing up...oh and that movie classic Space Camp...I've loved space and astronomy. So, for me, Kennedy Space Center was AWESOME. When we finally got to where I could see the launch pads from the road I clapped my hands and in a high pitched voice went "oh! Oh! There they are!!!!" The Center is a bit on the pricey side but TOTALLY worth it for the space enthusiast. There's an actual orbiter that you can walk through, a gallery of Hubble images, chances to meet and speak with real astronauts, a shuttle launch simulator, and, of course, the launch pads. The picture above is me about a mile away from Launch Pad A complete with Endeavour and its solid and liquid rocket boosters. I was in absolute heaven. The Apollo/Saturn V center at the end of the tour was awesome. They had a full on Saturn V rocket suspended from the ceiling that was also broken out into it's stages. Maya took this awesome picture of me in front of it.


You can't really tell but Im actually slightly crazy eyed in this photo. I thought she was just taking a goofy photo. I had no idea she had me perfectly lined up under the engine cones. Awesome. Later I'll fill everyone in on the rest of Disney!

No comments: