Tuesday 18 November 2008

Are we in for it? - Holiday travel to get worse

Ugh, that's all I have to say. I read an article today about how, due to the current FANTASTIC economy, airlines are increasing fares and cutting out routes they deem to not be fuel efficient. That means the flights still left standing will be to capacity all the time making for uncomfortable travel in flight, backups on the tarmac, and less options for people who miss a connecting flight. Ouch.

I don't think the airports will be much better. The airport in Orlando was h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e. I mean it's generally a nice airport in terms of looks but that's where it ended. The security lines were badly laid out; there was no one around to help the many, many families who very clearly rarely traveled (as evidenced by what seemed like every single bag going through the x-ray machine getting hand checked), and they changed the gate for our flight and told no one about it. It wasn't until a different flight came up on the board and all the passengers on my flight went crazy that they finally told us. Thanks a lot!

I dont mean to be all doom and gloom about air travel. It's still generally a good way to travel but, then again, that doesn't mean I have to be happy about this kind of stuff becoming the norm. I can only hope that the airlines also realize they can't treat their customers like the baggage they put under the planes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flight tickets are expensive, so you need to learn how to get them for as cheap as $25.00 a piece by using simple haggle tricks. Today's economy, they are bending over backwards to get you in seats. All of them. Read about them in my blog!

Book $25.00 Flights Online