Thursday 3 January 2008

Sorry, No More Turkish Delight

I didn't get a chance to post the past couple days both because I was completely exhausted on the first of January and then, yesterday, we got up in the wee small hours to catch our flight back to England. We're now in the town of Chesterfield visiting with our good friends the Pardo Family for the next few days. I love being here. It's quiet, it's relaxing and it's a wonderful way to unwind from the excitement of Istanbul.

Istanbul was, to say the least, amazing. I loved it there. Every turn was a totally new experience and the amount of history there is astounding. It's a modern city that has never forgotten it's past. In fact, it's quite proud of its past and the Turkish people are all madly proud of their country. It's a place that welcomes visitors and loves nothing more than to see a child smile. Maya was a princess there, always getting toys and Turkish delights from street vendors, and she still wants to be the world's greatest belly dancer. It was truly a great experience for all of us and we'll never forget it.

If you have an adventurous spirit and aren't afraid of something slightly different then, Istanbul is the place for you. I've been to many cities and people often ask me which is my favorite. I use to say Prague but now I'm not so sure. Istanbul is certainly a magical place and I can't wait to go back home and tell everyone to go there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun! I'm amazed at all the traveling that you do. I hope we get to do cool stuff like that one day.