Wednesday 16 January 2008

Anyone Know Mandarin?

So Im skipping right over my trip to Talinn, Estonia right now and heading straight for our big trip to China this summer. Mostly, this is because we're in the middle of planning it now and it's quite the feat of scheduling as we're doing it all ourselves.

Josh has done an awesome job of finding us nice hotels and tours to take and has also gotten us some great deals on airfare within China. I'm really excited about the trip. Our plans are to go to Beijing for about a week then fly to Shanghai. From Shanghai we will go to Xi'an to see the Terracotta Soldiers; from Shanghai we will go to Guilin to see some of the incredible countryside and then from Guilin we will fly back to Beijing and then home. WHEW!! Hopefully Maya will do well. I'm a little concerned about how much actual traveling we will be doing and hopefully she won't get worn out.

I still can't believe we're going to China. Of course, I say this before every trip we go on. I was thinking about Estonia the other day. I mean really, Tallinn looks like it's going to be awesome but how often do you hear "I'm going to Estonia!" It's just so weird. The first time I ever heard of Estonia was in the movie "Encino Man" where Sean Astin and Pauly Shore uncover a caveman. To hide the fact that he's a caveman they say he's an exchange student from Estonia. I seriously thought they had made it up. Who knew! When I was growing up I thought making it to Paris once in my life would be the ultimate. I never dreamed I would get to go to all these places, and with my family! When I get a chance I'll post more about our trip to China. Some of the pictures of Guilin are AMAZING! Like this one! AHHHH I can't wait!


Now I just need to get someone to teach me some Chinese. I don't think my vast knowledge of Chinese food menus here is going to help me.

No comments: