Wednesday 17 October 2007

Bring It On!

Well, after 5 1/2 years Josh and I decided it was time to get some new luggage. The luggage we have now is pretty much on its last legs with all the traveling we have done. Right now our luggage is a set of soft sided suitcases that can expand about 2 inches if we need them to. They've worked out well for us but as the years have gone on they've gotten pretty beaten up. The fabric is ripped, some of the zippers dont work quite right, the handles sometimes don't want to go down. In short, we've run them into the ground.

Last week a friend of ours sent us a link to some snazzy new hard sided luggage that can spin 360 degrees and can also expand. It's made by Heys Luggage and is called the 4WD Spinner Luggage Set in silver (I'll post some photos of it when they come in). People, can I just say that I am in luggage heaven at the very thought of these? With several big trips coming up like Turkey and England, I'm really looking forward to not having to worry so much about our luggage surviving airports, customs, planes, trains, cabs, cars, hotel attendants and especially us. If I had a dollar for everytime our luggage has skidded down steps, fallen out of buses, been packed to within an inch of its life, and just generally man-handled, I wouldn't need my job. Plus this will be much easier to keep clean and it can get scraped up all it wants. So bring it on world! I'm ready for anything you can dish out!

BTW, speaking of hard luggage, I would like to say that the Trunki has kept up beautifully over the past couple years and thats been during some of our most hard core traveling. It's got a few scratches, scrapes, and other traveling war wounds, but that thing could probably go on forever and is definitely built to last. Maya is even harder on luggage than we are so for it to still be in one functioning piece is quite the achievement! Hopefully Trixie won't be jealous of her flashy new travel mates.

No comments: