Sunday 12 April 2009

The Young Family European Extravaganza!

That's right folks, Clark Griswold's gonna have nothing on us after this summer's invasion of western Europe by the Young family. Thankfully we're much more adept at perusing European culture and will most certainly not be donning any cheesy berets with our names embroidered on them. BUT we're going all out on this trip. Our final city list is *drumroll*

Cologne, Germany
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg *NEW COUNTRY*
Strasbourg, France
Basel, Switzerland
Zurich, Switzerland
Somewhere in Lichtenschtein *NEW COUNTRY*
Paris, France
Brussels, Belgium *NEW COUNTRY*
Brugges, Belgium
Amsterdam, Netherlands *NEW COUNTRY*

And I'm sure there will be a few more thrown in there for good measure. Im very excited about hitting Paris again because our last trip was taken before digital cameras hit it big and our pictures look like we went there in 1975. As an example:






Seriously, this looks like it should be a picture of my mom. Thankfully we've upgraded. There has even been talk of renting a fancy schmancy wide angle lens just for the trip. Say it with me "oooooooh, ahhhhhhh."

We're hoping to keep Maya's spirits up by waving tickets to EuroDisney in her face like a carrot. I'll be keeping my spirits up by keeping our travel cooler stocked to the brim with yummy cheese, bread, and cured meats. Mmmmmm, cured meat. *droooooo* What? Huh? Oh I got lost in a meat daydream. Sorry.

As a final note, I would like to apologize for my three week hiatus. Josh was gone for a week in Guatemala and, well, my mind got pretty fried before, during, and after his absence. Work has been insanely busy and frankly has been sucking the life out of me. Then Josh was gone and, well, lets just say my brain stopped functioning there for a while. Im hopefully back on track now! Hopefully.

OH! And I am so happy to report that for the FIRST TIME EVER I saw a Trunki in an American luggage store. My heart burst with joy at the sight of it. Im so happy that it's finally making it's way over the pond! Good luck to Rob and the gang. I hope it catches on!

No comments: