Tuesday 2 December 2008

Im never driving on Thanksgiving AGAIN!!!!

That was horrid. No, beyond horrid. What's beyond horrid? I dont know. Maybe horrible in a Spanish accent for added emphasis. The drive down was quite nice. We made our best time ever at only ten hours and 55 minutes! We even beat Josh's parents there by an hour and they left the same time we did. Thanksgiving day itself was great. Loads of people, including Josh's 91 and 92 year old grandparents (I want whatever those two are drinking!). The drive to Oak Ridge wasn't even THAT bad, though there were some moments on I-40 when I thought I would lose my mind. Oak Ridge was, as always, a quick but nice stop to see my parents on the way back. We just stay over night and then head out the next day. Little did we know the evil that lurked in our path the next day.

Oh yes, we encountered....HOLIDAY TRAFFIC!!!! *gasp* *screech* *shutter* Yes, folks, what should have been an 8 hour drive back to DC took.......wait for it......12 HOURS!!!!!! 12! Two more than ten! Four more than eight! And to add insult to injury, Josh's parents left Kentucky, a full four hours away from Oak Ridge, at about the same time as us and they got home only an HOUR after us. That is just utterly ridiculous. Where the heck is Scotty?! I want my transporter!

On the good front, Maya was awesome and I would like to thank whoever thought putting DVD players in cars was a good idea. You have saved the sanity of many mothers. Oh yes, and despite the occasional ill placed sneeze right next to Maya's head, our dog Indie fared well too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And that folks is why I hate, hate, hate driving on the east coast. Been there, done that!