Friday 1 February 2008

What Would Mary Poppins Do

Well Maya has definitely taken clothing choices to a new level. Now she doesn't want to just wear something that matches. Oh no, she has to dress up as someone else. I've actually taken to asking her who she is in the morning so I know what to offer. This morning, first she was Wendy from Peter Pan and then she decided that she was actually Mary Poppins. Thankfully Wendy and Mary both wear the same dress it's just that Mary wears an Easter hat and carries a Tinkerbell umbrella around with her. Oh yeah, and she speaks in a high pitched English accent too. Who knew!

After getting Ms. Poppins ready for daycare this morning I was thinking "What am I going to do on trips now?!" Is she going to be like Cybil and need outfits for every personality or will she accept her fate of wearing what I tell her she has to wear. Usually, Maya's pretty good at being practical when she needs to be but lately, as evidenced by my blog about her behavior, she's swinging towards the "independent" side. Maybe the time has come to actually have her pick out her own clothes to take. Then if she's missing an outfit when she feels a Captain Jack Sparrow day coming on, she'll know that she's got no one to blame but herself...oh and her first mate, me.

Maybe I'll just sing her "A Spoonful of Sugar" and find some dancing cartoon penguins. That way I can get her dressed in something normal while she's occupied with the show. Think Dick Van Dyke is available?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He probably is :D

Unknown said...

oh, i think your maya & maya would get along just wonderfully! she likes to dress to fit a theme, always. it's pretty hilarious. it's good that they have a mind of their own!

thanks for your comment on my blog! i'm glad to have found my way over here...