Monday 10 September 2007

Hooligans in Training

Well, yesterday was the big soccer match. I'll leave out my personal feelings about our performance on the field, but everyone still managed to have a great time despite losing 4-2.

The day started with a quest to find face paint. One thing you may eventually learn about me is that I never miss a chance to be goofy, especially if I can do it with Maya. After Jen and I woke up, we left Maya with the guys and headed out to try to find some red, white, and blue face paints. We figured since it's close to Haloween that it would be no problem and we'd be in and out. Three stores and an hour and a half later, however, we finally were on our way home. We didn't have too much time once we got back so I had to do the face painting on the run and ended up doing Maya's once we got to the match. Since we never had the chance to get Maya's face painted at Disneyland (which she wanted to have done really badly), I decided to go all out and paint a big red, white, and blue butterfly on her face complete with glitter. I couldn't pass up the chance to paint my own face, though, and adorned myself with a giant red star and the letters USA on one cheek.

I'm quite, well, passionate at soccer matches so I was pretty into it. Maya however, isn't always so excited and soon was sucking her thumb and nodding off. She's actually got a good streak of falling asleep at important soccer matches and eventually was snoozing away even as I yelled and screamed at the top of my lungs. Oh well, she really only missed out on an own goal, a couple yellow cards, and some pretty fantastic acting on the field (a Brazilian player was actually carded for diving...classic!). Ahhh, I do so love soccer.



No comments: