Friday 14 September 2007

Excitement

I'm very excited today because we just reserved our tickets to China for next summer! So far, the plan is to spend a week in Beijing and then a week in Xian and the outlying Xian area. It's a bit off as the trip is early summer, but it will be the longest trip we've had since our honeymoon and to someplace just as cool.

I can't wait to take Maya there. I think she's going to love it. There's so much history there and I know it's going to be sensory overload for all of us. I just hope Josh doesn't try to bribe me into eating anything REALLY ethnic like scorpions or grasshoppers. The closest thing we've had to real chinese is eating Moo Shi Pork from the take out place down the street and I doubt that even that is authentic Chinese food. I may be in for it, though, because I do not like fish at all and I know they eat a lot of it there. Maybe I'll just live on noodles and steamed dumplings.

1 comment:

Aryaduta said...

You and your family will have an amazing time in China!

I spent a semester at Peking University in Beijing, which is perhaps one of the most dynamic cities in the world.

I also ventured out to Xi'an for a few days. It's a beautiful walled city, and you musn't forget to pay a visit to the world-renowned Terracotta Soldiers.

Don't worry about the food; your taste buds will be in for a treat. Unless your husband is a prankster, you won't be eating anything too exotic! However, if you're feeling adventurous, then the Night Market is where you can sample scorpions, seahorses, and snakes!

Your trip to China will truly be a memorable experience!