Wednesday 30 April 2008

All Roads Lead to China!

Ack! I never did update about my second day in Lancaster. My friend Jes is never going to forgive me. Well real quick, the second day there consisted of waking up late, eating a glorious breakfast complete with a caramel macchiato procured by Mr. Wonderful himself, Duane (Jes' husband). Then we drove around the surrounding area and even stopped to take a look at a bald eagle's nest. That thing was huge!!! Of course, there was more Sonic but after that it was time to go :(. I had such a great time and I can't wait to go back!

Now onto our next adventure...China. We leave in just about three weeks. Wow, three weeks. I never thought I would ever in my life say "In three weeks Im leaving for China." Im excited and nervous all at the same time. Josh has been happily procuring more and more photography equipment for the trip, mostly at my encouraging. He's got a great lightweight tri-pod, a new fisheye lens AND a brand new Nikon D300.

I have been busy planning what to take. We are planning to pack extra light on this trip so I think Im going to invest in some good quality travel clothing that can be quickly washed out and dried. Good quality travel clothes can be expensive but, if youre like me, they can also be worth the cost because the quality is so much better. Paying more once for something that will last for years through trip after trip after trip is much more cost effective than buying cheaply made clothes that fall apart after one or two trips. I put clothes through their paces so I want something sturdy. Today I was looking at both Cabella's and Columbia Sportswear who both seem to have some great items like zip pants that can turn into shorts and long sleeve shirts with tabs so you can roll up the sleeves. Also, they are all made from good quality, breathable materials which will be really important. So Im off to do some shopping!

No comments: